|We were the first organization to adopt a Government school in Tumkur District in the year 2001. So
far we have run the organization by raising funds within close circles
of family and friends. We are happy to say that the school has been
among the best run rural schools in Tumkur and is well known in the
rural education circles as among the best in the Karnataka state. Our
endeavor is to make the Krishnapur village a model village in the
Tumkur district and may be in the Karnataka State as
- Constructed classrooms and collaborated with Government to provide additional classrooms at a overall cost of over Rs. 30,00,000
- Donated 1.5 acres of Playground to the Government school adopted by us at a cost of Rs. 1,70,000.
construction of Toilets and Compound under the UNICEF scheme by
depositing the required amount as prescribed under the
- A library equipped with 7
multimedia enable computers with over 600 Books and many CD’sProvided
Furniture, Desks, Charts, reading materials, Sports items, etc., to the
school over the past 8 years. 4 Class Room equipped with Solar lights
at cost of over Rs. 25,000.
- The school now has 250 students up from the 60. 10th standard up from 4th Standard in the year 2001
- Distributed books, Umbrellas and Shoes to the school children at a cost of over Rs. 50,000.
school is equipped with Projector, printer and UPS and is among
the 10 schools in the district to be selected for these facilities
- Social and cultural events on Independence day and Republic day every year since 2001.
- Provided Toys, Charts, Furniture and necessary educational material is provided every year.
- Arranged for guest teachers wherever there is lack of teaching staff.
- Equip school with TV, DVD Player and Dish TV facilities to enable distance learning – approx cost Rs. 25,000
with Vivekananda youth movement, Bangalore to provide 67 DVDs
to solve the issue of lack of teachers. The trust functionaries
conducted a orientation session for the teachers at the school.
a leadership camp to build confidence in 10th standard students to
face exams in coordination with Rotary club Bangalore.
The Village Community Center
people of the Krishnapur village always felt the need for a commonly
shared place for conducting various activities. After we took over the
school, they approached us and requested us to build a Community hall.
After due consideration, we decided to do this and have taken up the
task of constructing one for the village people. This hall, now serves
as a Meditation center and a place to enact cultural programs of the
This place also doubles up as venue for marriage halls for mass marriages and other cultural events.